Process Engineer – Lid Lines
Amhil North America is a privately held Thermoforming Plastics Packaging company focused on delivering Best Value to our customers and partners. We provide smart, safe and sustainable packaging solutions for the consumer, industrial and foodservice industries in North America and Europe.
Over the past twenty years, Amhil has expanded its product offering to include drinking cups, portion cups and food packaging and now includes products that are 100% recyclable, produced with recycled content and available as carbon neutral.
Amhil North America is part of the Wentworth Technologies group of companies.
The Process Engineer is a new role on the production team at Amhil, to lead and manage process development activities in our highest volume segment and related sheet extrusion.
This position plays a key role in achieving our aggressive growth objectives in thermoformed packaging for the grocery and food packaging markets, by bringing new products and processes to market.
Growth potential – Our plan for this role is to develop into a Manufacturing Lead to bring new products and processes to commercialization within the process and merge into other production lines.
The Process Engineer works closely with Plant operations management and cross-functionally with production, training, engineering and product development in addition to our maintenance and continuous improvement teams.
- Learn and support process for existing Sheet Line, FTS line and other production lines.
- Development and optimization of process for Sheet Extrusion, FTS Thermoforming and other production lines.
- Manage capital project for a new production line installation.
- Lead organize product testing and development to support new product development, in preparation for new investment start-up.
- New product prototype testing including microcell process technology.
- Process analysis and troubleshooting, using systemic processes and statistical methods.
- Develop process control limits, testing protocols and product specifications.
- Develop deep understanding of new process technologies, to be the prime source of technical know-how in the assigned area.
- Support development of technical training programs to build strong competence of process operators.
- Lead process improvements in assigned area, utilizing Lean methods (e.g. SMED, 5S, TPM) and Kaizen teams.
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- Post-secondary degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong operations experience in plastics/thermoforming industry.
- Proven experience in creating and implementing Process Improvement in the manufacturing industry.
- Able to lead, manage and motivate team members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).
- Able to multi-task and stay on top of competing priorities.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
Also nice to have
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng) designation
- Experience developing budgets and managing capital costs
This position is open to all applicants, legally authorized to work in Canada.
Amhil provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment.
Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.