Amhil North America is part of the Wentworth Technologies group of companies that provide smart, safe and sustainable packaging solutions for the consumer, industrial and foodservice industries in North America and Europe.
Under the Wentworth Technologies Umbrella, Amhil North America is a privately held Thermoforming Plastics Packaging company focused on delivering Best Value to our customers and partners.
Over the past twenty years, Amhil North America has expanded its product offering to include drinking cups, portion cups and food packaging and now includes products that are 100% recyclable, produced with recycled content and available as carbon neutral.
The Production Purchaser is an integral part of our Production Scheduling and Supply Chain team at Amhil. This role plays an active part in purchasing and material allocation and management to ensure smooth production.
Using your organizational and communication skills you will be the main point of contact to ensure the demand for all materials, additives and concentrates are maintained at accurate levels for business needs.
- Conduct all work in a safe manner — think “Safety First”!
- Wear the prescribed PPE when performing all jobs.
- Be aware of hazards associated with each task and report any potential hazard, unsafe practices or working conditions.
- Main point of contact for all purchases related to production components of Finished Goods (FG) at both Amhil locations.
- Work with various internal/external stakeholders to determine required goods.
- Work with management on pricing negotiation for raw materials (resin), placing PO’s and coordinating deliveries to site.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Actively participate in the resolution of supplier issues and communicate changes to team members.
- Prepare month-end reporting for management.
- Maintain and monitor processes to control inventories, including BOM’s, SKU’s and WIP (Work in Process).
- Take lead in monthly inventory of primary ingredients to determine and resolve any discrepancies.
- Validate material delivery and enter into ERP system.
- Other job-related tasks as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- 5 years relevant work experience in purchasing.
- Commodity management of finished goods components, planning and procurement.
- Knowledge of resins and masterbatch experience.
- Experience with MRP/ERP planning system experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Results-focused and disciplined.
- Proven ability to multi-task and stay on top of competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Confident self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Solid people skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Plastics manufacturing environment preferred.
- Macola (ERP Manufacturing software)
- Power BI
This position is open to all applicants, legally authorized to work in Canada.
Amhil provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment.
Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.