Warehouse Operator (straight nights – 12 hr Continental)
Amhil North America is a privately held Thermoforming Plastics Packaging company focused on delivering Best Value to our customers and partners. We provide smart, safe and sustainable packaging solutions for the consumer, industrial and foodservice industries in North America and Europe.
Over the past twenty years, Amhil has expanded its product offering to include drinking cups, portion cups and food packaging and now includes products that are 100% recyclable, produced with recycled content and available as carbon neutral.
Amhil North America is part of the Wentworth Technologies group of companies.
The core role of Warehouse Operator is the safe physical movement of finished goods, cartons, film and raw materials within the warehouse and production area; picking, checking and loading customer orders; receive cartons, boxed resins, film and other materials; movement of packaging and materials on and off storage racks.
- Straight Nights
- 12 hour, Continental (7 to 7)
- Conduct all work in a safe manner — think Safety First!
- Wear prescribed PPE when performing all jobs.
- Be aware of hazards associated with each task.
- Report to the Supervisor any hazard or potential hazard.
- Report and communicate any unsafe practices or working conditions encountered to your Supervisor and team members.
- Complete material handling equipment check lists and report any problems to the shift Warehouse Coordinator.
- Pick, check and load customer orders as assigned.
- Check, shrink wrap and distribute product from the production area to the finished goods storage location.
- Unload cartons, raw material, film and other receivables.
- Move cartons, raw materials and film into storage racks.
- Pick cartons for production lines.
- Return changeover cartons into racks.
- Keep warehouses clean and organized.
- Change equipment battery/propane as required.
- Complete other warehouse tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- Forklift experience – electric preferred.
- Forklift License (require).
- Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to understand English written and verbal instructions.
- Able to lift 35-40 lbs on a regular basis.
Also nice to have
- Familiar with Amhil products
- Experience in manufacturing industry
This position is open to all applicants, legally authorized to work in Canada.
Amhil provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment.
Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"*" indicates required fields