Located in Mississauga, we are actively seeking an Industrial Millwright to join our team. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, with a dotted line to the Shift Supervisor, the individual we want will be in it for the long term, willing to grow with us and become an expert on our equipment.
- Fabricate and install parts or machine frames
- Install new or rebuilt equipment
- Weld, cut and repair parts
- Repair/overhaul equipment (pumps, motors, blowers, etc.)
- Dismantle, clean and re-install extruder screw, extruder die, polishing rolls, oven heaters, toggle assemblies, etc.
- Participate in machine start-up
- General building maintenance (e.g. painting, minor plumbing, etc.)
- Prepare Hot Work Permits
- Communicate to Supervisor status/completion of work assignments
- Assist with tooling changes
- Housekeeping the work area
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 433A Certification (double ticket preferred)
- Several years of hands-on experience as an industrial millwright
- Welding, fabricating and machine re-building experience
- Ability to read, write and understand English, both technical documents and other job related written material
- Mechanical aptitude
- Plastics background not required but preferred
- You will be working on extruders, thermoformers, automated baggers, tape machines, trim presses, offset printers and vacuum conveyor systems
- Your troubleshooting skills will tell you when to repair/replace pumps, motors, clutches, brakes, heaters and thermocouples
- Hours of work – You will begin with an orientation period, 5 eight hour day shifts transitioning to a 12-hour continental day shift, including a 30 minute paid lunch i.e. 3 days (36 hours) one week, 4 days (48 hours the next week), overtime after 40 hours per week. These hours may change to meet the needs of the business
- Opportunity for overtime beyond the regular work week
- Your typical day will be, approximately, 60% repairs; 30 – 40% preventative maintenance, inspections, planned repairs; the balance of your time, any other maintenance issues that may arise
We will offer a competitive package of wages and benefits to the right candidate!
Amhil is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process to individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.