Located in Mississauga, we are currently recruiting an energetic and enthusiastic Process Specialist for our manufacturing operations. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Process Specialist will be responsible for overseeing plant operation improvements relating to new equipment installations, new operating software programs, employee skill development, equipment performance, process control and developing standard process. Overall focus will be on identifying areas of improvement and long term process control. The incumbent will work closely with shift Supervisors and other members of the manufacturing team and spend 80% of their time on the shop floor. As our Process Specialist, we offer you an arena in which to display your technical skills, commitment and superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Champion development and documentation of SOP’s for key functions, (tool changes, colour, material changes, die gap, oven cleaning, specific preventative maintenance tasks, etc.) and all future equipment installations
- Be aware of hazards associated with each task and include appropriate safeguards in all work instructions, written and verbal
- Conduct classroom and “on the floor” training to individuals or groups—think safety first!
- Identify, prioritize, perform and document annual training for specific safety and operational requirements with staff as required
- Conduct and document testing/performance evaluations for trainee comprehension
- Develop troubleshooting guides for known areas of concern.
- Communicate with equipment suppliers, collect data and establish best practices as per OEM specifications
- Establish standards in consultation with Plant Manager (housekeeping, OT distribution, work practices, etc.)
- Lead troubleshooting efforts to resolve process problems
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Take a leading role in commissioning new investments/new technology
- Interact with vendor service specialists
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education in mechanical technology or engineering
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment including Lean techniques
In return, we can promise you a competitive salary, benefits, and an opportunity to participate in our profit sharing program. Email your resume, using the subject line “Process Specialist” to email@example.com. As a serious candidate, please include a cover letter detailing how your experience matches our requirements.
Amhil Enterprises is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process to individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.